Friday, July 6, 2012

You Can FIRE Government by VOTING!

I write articles covering what is going on in politics and focus a lot on womens’ issues. I am a feminist and I believe know women are under attack by the Republican party. In my line of work I have to keep up with the issues. I also need to keep up with issues because I vote.

Since I became the Spokeswoman for Rock The Slut Vote, I have asked many women if they are aware of The War On Women. Too many times, I get a blank look. They have no clue. When I explain to them that every Senate Republican BLOCKED the Fair Pay Act, they are shocked—as they should be. I wonder after we go our own ways, if they will take it upon themselves to find out more about what is really going on. I can only hope they do and share the information with their friends.

Watch this video. Share it. Please. Our rights are at stake. We are the ones who hold the power. If WE DON'T VOTE, we choose to give that power away to people who don’t care if we are subjected to back-alley abortions or get less pay for the same work!


 
Remember this: The people in government are YOUR employees. You pay their salaries. You enable them to collect additional money from corporations who pay politicians to create laws benefiting them. YOU CAN FIRE THESE PEOPLE IF YOU DON’T LIKE THEIR JOB PERFORMANCE. This is your right as an American. That is your duty as a citizen. VOTE!

2 comments:

  1. I took the training last week to register people to vote. I must do this! I am 66 years old and I have worked all my life for equality. I'm so tired of this shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a 57 yr old woman. I remember hearing the stories of girls who tried to self abort. With coat hangers, or some pill or concoction that some shiester sold to them. Back alley or home abortions were also prevalent. Sort of like the stories you hear of people who say they are Drs. injecting (Botox? You can't be sure). I myself have faced situations where I wasn't paid the same as my male counterparts. I had a boss explain to me when I signed up for a machine operators job, that I couldn't do the job because when boys are born their fathers taught them what a screwdriver was. Since I was a woman I surely didn't have this experience. That was in 1982. Here we are, 30 years later and little has changed. Rush and his ilk have dampened the womens voices from the right. That leaves it up to us ladies on the left, to kick some ass and take some names. Rock The Slut Vote!

    ReplyDelete