Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Name Is Kimberley And I Am A Liberal Slut



Kimberley A. Johnson




I posted it on my blog and was surprised  when, only an hour later, it had received over 3,000 views.  I knew it would strike a chord with many viewers, but had no idea how fast it would circulate.  Shortly later, two political websites, Addicting Info and Politics Anonymous, invited me to join them as a contributor.  Though unexpected, I welcome and appreciate this opportunity.  (Thank you Rush!) 

I have been passionate about politics since the 2000 Bush v. Gore fiasco, when I watched our country start to painfully unravel.  I always considered myself an armchair activist -- until last week, when I received an email from another former armchair activist, Susan McMillan Emry.  Like me, Susan was also outraged by the GOPs relentless assault on women.  In response, she established RTSV United and immediately started its Rock The Slut Vote campaign.  After reading my Rush Limbaugh blog, Susan researched my website and the books I've authored, and asked me to be the RTSV spokeswoman.  After a 90-minute phone conversation, we agreed to join forces against the war on women.

America has many problems.  There are fights, divisions and issues that will require long battles ahead.  The war on women is not one of these battles.  We ALREADY fought long and hard for our rights decades ago and there's NO WAY IN HELL we will sit back and let anyone take them away!  Especially not the GOP with their blatant agenda to manipulate, dictate and control not just our lives, but all three branches of the government.

Like so many women, we are outraged.  When Susan and I decided to work together, we knew my experience collecting stories from real people for my reality books would be invaluable.  I quickly invited women (and men) to join this blog to share their insights on how the war on women has impacted their lives.  Two submissions are already posted and the response has been genuine and enthusiastic.

The GOP strategy against women is failing miserably and yet they stubbornly INSIST they are standing on terra firma.  Thinking Americans, including centrists and sane Republicans, agree the Republican party has lost its marbles.

Despite what the GOP tells you, there IS a war on women.  And you know what?  There are millions of strong, intelligent, capable, angry women out there who will fight them tooth and nail.  You know the old saying, "Hell hath no fury!"

I realize I will receive some unfavorable comments from both men and women.  Despite our differing ideologies, women's rights are everyone's rights and we will fight the good fight on everyone's behalf.

If you have friends or family who are not informed or interested in politics, I ask you to start a conversation about any issues that directly affect them -- whether its birth control, equal pay or any other issue or freedom under attack.   Help them get informed and urge them to vote this November.

Thank you for reading and join us as we Go Forth, Raise Hell, And Rock The Slut Vote.

Author Kimberley A. Johnson on Facebook.


Follow us:
Rocktheslutvote.com - When you register with your zip code, we can add your presence on our map!
(Not your name or info...just the location of a new supporter).
If you want your voice heard on this issue, click this link for details!

4 comments:

  1. My head has been about to explode since the GOP started this caveman assault on the rights of women and families. When I was 16 in 1966 I got pregnant, was forced to spend 4 months in a home for unwed mothers (e.g. worthless sluts). I was also made to take a new name so as not shame my family name. I had to give up my son for adoption and to this day I have never met him. This is a burden of sadness and loss that is always with me. No choices were offered to me. Three years later in college I was date raped and got pregnant. It was 1970 a few months before the passage of Roe vs. Wade. The search began for an abortion. I knew if I was compelled to have a rapist's child it would be the end of me. I had to travel over 500 miles to a doctor who would do the procedure. He shamed me, used no anesthetic and did not finish the procedure completely. I miscarried alone in my dormitory bathroom two days later.
    I have fought long and hard to make sure none of that happens to young women today. This is personal. The neanderthals who are pushing this agenda are mean-spirited, ignorant and just plain stupid. THEY MUST BE STOPPED. Reproductive rights and women's health is NOT A WOMEN'S ISSUE IT'S A FAMILY ISSUE. I'm hopping mad and I'm not taking this crap from a bunch of ignorant white men. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://rocktheslutvote.blogspot.com/2012/04/women-speak-out-war-on-women.html

      Used your piece. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. TY for sharing your Story Lydia and I'm sorry you had to endure so much. No woman should go through that humiliation.

      Delete