Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Women Speak Out - The War On Women

Here are some comments left on the blog about the war on women! Thanks for sharing! Please share & spread the word. Make sure your friends know what's going on and that they get out to the voting booths this November. GO FORTH AND ROCK THE SLUT VOTE!

My head has been about to explode since the GOP started this caveman assault on the rights of women and families. When I was 16 in 1966 I got pregnant, was forced to spend four months in a home for unwed mothers (e.g. worthless sluts). I was also made to take a new name so as not shame my family name. I had to give up my son for adoption and to this day I have never met him. This is a burden of sadness and loss that is always with me. No choices were offered to me. Three years later in college, I was date raped and got pregnant. It was 1970 a few months before the passage of Roe v. Wade. The search began for an abortion. I knew if I was compelled to have a rapist's child it would be the end of me. I had to travel over 500 miles to a doctor who would do the procedure. He shamed me, used no anesthetic and did not finish the procedure completely. I miscarried alone in my dormitory bathroom two days later.

I have fought long and hard to make sure none of that happens to young women today. This is personal. The neanderthals who are pushing this agenda are mean-spirited, ignorant and just plain stupid. THEY MUST BE STOPPED. Reproductive rights and women's health is NOT A WOMEN'S ISSUE IT'S A FAMILY ISSUE. I'm hopping mad and I'm not taking this crap from a bunch of ignorant white men. Count me in.
Lydialou

~


I think the War on Women that has been occurring in our society is unconscionable. It's not "just politics" anymore. It's not about being republican or democrat. It's a real effort by lawmakers to control, silence, and maintain power over women.
No matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on, or whether you even have an interest in politics, every woman should speak, and act, against the War on Women. That lawmakers around our nation even have the nerve to question and to openly attempt to suppress the rights of women to equal pay, privacy, and the most fundamental autonomy over our own bodies is outrageous, and all women should be outraged.
Hannah VR

 ~

We won't be marginalized. I'm keeping my cool but I will vote, and it won't be for someone who thinks of women as a sub-human group akin to livestock. Nothing against our livestock beings but they don't have the vote. Yet.
Raine Castle

 ~

What upsets me is Romney's secret weapon; His wife. Where does she get off claiming that she stayed home and raised five kids? I'd bet good money she's never cleaned up vomit. She's probably changed a diaper or two but her nannies did the work that the average stay at home mom does. A millionaire's wife is NOT an example of a stay at home wife. A stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world. They don't have clue and they think we're stupid!
Beth Weeks



Hmmm...let's see, in the past year alone there have been 916 bills introduced by the GOP that infringe on, limit, or deny women's rights. Yes, you read that correctly - 916 bills in ONE year. In the past 100 years, there have been only 2 bills introduced by the GOP that infringed on men's rights (one was in the early 1900's and involved shaving). Seems fair, no? What war?? (insert sarcasm here).
Lucy Padovano

How To Contribute Your Opinion

Follow us:
Rocktheslutvote.com - When you register with your zip code, we can add your presence on our map!
(Not your name or info...just the location of a new supporter).

Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment